Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cherry Creek Reservoir











This State park/reservoir is about 5 minutes from our house. We took the kids yesterday to check it out. There is year round fun to be had here. In the winter you can ice fish, ride bikes, walk, fly an RC Plane and go to the shooting range. In the summer you can rent jet skis, go out on a boat, swim at the beach, fish, picnic, camp etc. It is really quite large and can't wait to see what Spring will do to the many trees and plants.
The kids had fun walking out on the ice and watching some people Ice Sail? Of course what else did I expect but some picture taking opportunities. I didn't bring the big camera so I apologize for the far away pictures of the ice fishing and the bright sun exposure pics. We really enjoyed the day.

4 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    I wish we had been able to get together when we were there ... crazy family stuff the entire time. Anyways, I am really glad that you guys are enjoying Denver as much as Greg and I did. I am soo grateful for the blessings that you are having with Braydon.
    Take care and keep in touch. nielsendds@yahoo.com
    Greg and Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following our blog. The pictures of the kids are great. LOL, remember what dad use to say,"your walking on thin ice!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa! This is Sue, Lee's wife. Just blog hopping around and found your blog and thought I'd say hi! Colorado looks wonderful - I hope you're all settled in and enjoying your new adventure there. I know Lee loved Colorado on his mission. :>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa-I still can't believe how fast your kids are growing.It is so neat to see people so excited to want to help your son and others like him. The love and generosity of some is amazing. We definitely need to stay in touch--I am great at keeping up w/ bloggs so I'll be stalking you ^-^ I sure do miss you

    ReplyDelete