Thursday, December 31, 2009

Braydon and his shoes

For those of you who know Braydon, you know that he quite frequently loses his shoes. He manages to kick off any pair that we put on him. We got him a pair of hiking boots this spring and we were so excited that he could not get them off, or at least not as easily. We had gone downtown to see the Christmas lights and then we walked around the 16th street mall Monday night before Christmas, while we were getting in the car I noticed that Braydon had kicked his shoe off while Justin was loading him in the car. I said, "Uh Oh Braydon kicked his shoe off"(which in my mind was telling Justin he needed to get the shoe after he put Braydon in the car). Apparently in Justin's mind the acknowledgment of me seeing the shoe be kicked off, meant I would grab it. Well as we got home and I asked, "Justin did you bring in his other shoe?" Of course the immediate Oh NO! we left his shoe downtown!! We both felt really bad, but knew if we went back that it would be gone. We have to park in paid parking lots and the areas are a little transient, so we just figured it was gone. On Christmas Eve my parents came in and we decided to drive them down to see the lights too! We drove them around the 16th street mall area and didn't get out of the car(mind you it was windy and barely 10 degrees with snow on the ground), somehow we ended up driving by the same parking lot we were in earlier that week and you could see that the snow plows had been in there and made nice hills out of the snow. I looked really close and I saw Braydon's shoe!! I yelled "Oh! My Gosh it is Braydon's shoe" Justin pulled over as soon as he could. Kaleb and I got out and ran over to the parking lot and sitting right there on top of one of the piles of snow was Braydon's shoe. Someone had placed it there. It was hard to believe we found it! It had snowed the previous two days, which would have covered the shoe and then for someone to place it on top of the plowed snow? I would have thought it would have been buried in the snow as it was plowed. We were grateful to have found it!! It was our own little Christmas Miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment