Monday, April 16, 2018

Missionaries



Missionary work is amazing I am a product of it and will be forever thankful for the path it has lead me on.  My husband chose not to serve a mission, we married in the Vegas temple during the time he would have been serving a mission and almost 26 years later I am thankful for the life I have and feel greatly blessed. My children are my all and are the blessings that have come from the choices we made in the temple all those years ago. We are not a perfect family by any means and sometimes we get so held up in the culture of things that we forget these young men and women take on such a life changing choice that we may not hear what they really are feeling or they try not let us know until it is too late and they can’t buoy themselves up to it. 


D&C: 124:49 Verily, verily, I say unto you, that when I give a commandment to any of the sons of men to do a work unto my name, and those sons of men go with all their might and with all they have to perform that work, and cease not their diligence, and their enemies come upon them and hinder them from performing that work, behold, it behooveth me to require that work no more at the hands of those sons of men, but to accept of their offerings.


This scripture couldn’t have come in a more appropriate time and has given me comfort in knowing my boys have served “with all their might and with all they have”. Two days or two years they have faithfully and honorably served a mission. 



No comments:

Post a Comment