Sunday, March 8, 2009

“If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies”

"Butterflies are not insects. They are self propelled flowers."~~Robert A. Heinlein

We took the kids to the Butterfly Pavilion and we really had a great time. They had something for everyone. The had insects, spiders, sea creatures and of course tons of butterflies!!! Madisyn and Jacob were the only ones brave enough to hold Rosie--the tarantula. I was brave enough not to pass out!!! They had staff their talking about different insects. I learned a lot more than I really wanted to about spiders. At the end of the tour there is in an atrium with hundreds of butterflies flying around. I let Kaleb take pictures of the different butterflies and he really got a wide variety. We enjoyed this place so much that the next weekend when Justin's parents came in town we took them to enjoy it too!!!

2 comments:

  1. I ca not believe your kids are holding a spider! I got the chills just by watching

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great seeing all of you last weekend! Since it's warming up, it's time to explore the rockies in you backyard. I suggest a drive to Estes Park and stopping in Boulder on the way up. Pearl Street in Boulder is filled with great restaunts, shopping and entertaining street performers. Wish I could go with you :) love, Jen

    ReplyDelete